Westside Investments Inc
Marina del Rey Toyota - Service Advisor
Job Title: Service Advisor
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The service advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional services to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by service manager.
- Maintain the prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written”
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
- Communicate with customer to determine the nature of their mechanical problem(s).
- Obtain accurate customer and vehicle data.
- Test-drive vehicle as necessary.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Lift the hood of every vehicle and look underneath for potential additional repair needs.
- If additional work is needed, clearly explain the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be legible.
- Notify dispatcher of incoming work.
- Provide estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the customer later for approval.
- Establish each customer’s method of payment. Obtain approval of credit, if necessary.
- Obtain customer’s signature on repair order; provide customer with a copy.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate of time promised. Record changes on repair order in the approved manner.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments.
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Analyze quality control report to ensure that work is completed as requested to reduce comebacks.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Maintain follow up program on additional items found in need of repair.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date