Marina del Rey Toyota - Finance Adviser
Job Title: Finance & Insurance Manager
Reports to: Operations Director
Position Description: The Finance & Insurance Manager is responsible for producing additional revenue for the facility by selling finance and insurance products to new and used vehicle customers. Must comply with information security program. Must present a professional appearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all sources of finance and insurance products, factory and otherwise.
- Submit proper documentation to obtain approval for all possible finance transactions.
- Work with sales management to establish and maintain a program that will ensure a 100-percent turnover to the Finance & Insurance department.
- Work with Sales Managers to secure a reasonable profit from each transaction.
- Establish forecast for finance department in conjunction with sales department to achieve a desired percent of penetration and income.
- Verify the accuracy of all title, lien information, taxes, and other documents on customer paperwork.
- Ensure accuracy of customer information in dealership data bases (including e-mail addresses).
- Notarize deal paperwork as required.
- Forward completed deals to office in a timely manner.
- Acquire licenses for selling insurance, if applicable.
- Prepare monthly reports on finance penetration and products sold.
- Keep sales management up to date with regard to rates and products.
- Complete all training certifications as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: Minimum two years in automotive sales experience.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet software. Current valid driver’s license and state sales license. Must be a Notary. Obtain AFIP certification within time frame established by management.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle dealership. Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date