Marina del Rey Toyota
Marina del Rey Toyota - Parts Sales Assoc. (Retail Counter)
Position Description: Parts Sales Associate (Retail Counter)
Reports to: Parts Manager
Position Summary: The Parts Sales Associate sells parts to all available customers over the counter, through the shop or on the telephone. Must present a professional appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock. If part is not in stock, determine availability and inform customer of expected date of arrival.
- Answer telephone calls, providing price quotes and other information, capture customer name and phone numbers.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Verify “will-call” and “back-order” files weekly and return to vendors or stock those items not required.
- Assist the parts to service counter parts sales associate as necessary.
- Order parts not in stock as approved by the Parts Manager.
- Notify the customer and the Service Department when the parts arrive.
- Accept cash and credit payments. Keep cash register accurate.
- Assist with organization and cleanliness of parts department.
- Receive and stock incoming inventory. Verify receipts against purchase orders.
- Assist with periodic inventory vehicle counts as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean and appealing to customers.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: One year in a vehicle parts department preferred.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to work well with the public. Ability to use personal computer and applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 40 pounds of material. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle dealership. Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date